Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Season for Creativity

Hello, friends~In case you've been wondering what I've been up to this season, I can tell you I've been nurturing myself.  Through reading, grieving, praying, listening, loving, breathing, photographing, and sharing time with friends, I am amazed by the power of being still.  

Creativity is something that I'm learning to nurture more as I gain insight to who I really am. I find that it's not just an intuitive process fostered by inspiring materials, quiet messes, and natural beauty. Creativity is also about challenging the inner critic that wants to keep our masterpieces to ourselves out of fear it's not perfect and people might not like it.    

Life itself is a creative process, where when we can be present with every day tasksexplore out of curiosity, and where we can give birth to new ideas.  There are always excuses for how we are busy enough for three people--the excuses can roll on like the seasons, and soon we find we're depleted of necessary energy to fuel ourselves. It's time to stop being afraid of trying something new, showing someone our work, or sharing our vulnerabilities. Note to self: Do something! 

I'm sharing this with you because, today, it is good enough, it is beautiful enough, and God is smiling. Below is one expression of my art...beautiful Miss A.!  A local and gifted mother, friend, singer, and teacher who brings joy to the many lives she touches. 

The creative process is an expression of who I am, and, what I am learning is that who I am, and what I create, is okay just the way it is.  I hope you'll join me in taking some time to take one a challenge through the creative process.  Whatever you try IS good enough!





No comments: