Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Surprise for Mom

This session was like no other...it was so special that I had to capture every minute of it...for my mom's milestone birthday! She had no idea I'd gathered family & friends for an intimate gathering at an Inn in Anacortes. It was a risk, and a risk worth taking.

My mom is special. Her friends came early, introduced themselves (I only knew them by their email code names) :) They all pitched in with helping and then sat down for a small pocket of time. One refreshing beverage later, and my mom, step-dad, and daughter took a casual walk out to the patio where... (these are her words)..."Oh, my friend Carol is here! Hey, there's Krista! Oh my gosh, I know everyone here!" (Precious.)
These are top 10 things I love about my mom:
1. She's courageous.
2. Sweet.
3. Generous and forgiving.
4. Hilarious (if you know her, you see where I get my sense of humor.)
5. She's authentic, honest, and amazing!
6. She admits that she
only has a kitchen because it came with the house! :)
7. She is a spiritual seeker (man, we're a lot alike!)

8. She shares herself, her wisdom, (more generous stuff).
9. She a loving mother, daughter, sister, wife and gramma!
10. She has a big heart, and even through all the times it's been broken, she still loves like it's the first time. Whoever she meets, whoever you are, and wherever you are in your journey.

That's my mom! We had a beautiful time surrounded by family & friends.
Happy Birthday, Mom!! I love you so much more than all of these words can say....xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Dawn

No comments: